Built in Microsoft SQL Server, the Data Warehouse stores and processes data from all Club and 3rd party sources, providing a single reference for supporter data profile for all consuming applications, services or processes.
- Data is retrieved or consumed from transactional source systems via Integration processes specific to each supplier, system or application
- Schema mapping from source to generic across hundreds of supplier systems
- Within the Data Warehouse hundreds of modules, functions and processes for implementing relevant business rules / logic work to cleanse, validate and de-duplicate data
- Data validation and normalisation based on internal and external reference data
- Individual supporter deduplication
The Data Warehouse is a 'single-source of truth' for all Club transactional, marketing and supporter data
- Full audit / process state control
- Data cleansing, including validation
- Product and data categorisation or meta-data for management and generation of attribute or role for marketing
- Generation and maintenance of Supporter attributes or roles for CRM and marketing apps
- Centralised Business Logic managed in T-SQL standards
The relational Data Warehouse schema is then replicated and data published to a separate Analytical database (OLAP) for enhanced performance for aggregations and BI user experience via Tableau and other applications.