Job Opportunity: Senior Data Engineer
Who is KORE Software?
KORE is the global leader in sports and entertainment business management solutions. Comprised of KORE Software and KPI (KORE Planning and Insights), KORE provides leading B2B SaaS software to more than 500 sports properties and large corporate brands worldwide, providing practical tools, services, and insights that drive ticket sales, digital marketing, corporate sponsorships, activation management, premium hospitality and more.
Why work at KORE Software?
KORE provides an inclusive, dynamic and engaging environment where your curiosity, creativity and passion can thrive. We foster innovation, we embrace change, and we like a good challenge!
Our talented and friendly staff are united by a love for technology and providing best-in-class products and services to our customers.
This is a place where your voice will be heard, a place where we value your opinion, and a place where you can drive change in a fun and fast-paced team.
Are you ready?
We operate with transparency. We communicate and act with resolute honesty, integrity, and respect.
We are accountable. We take ownership in the quality of our work and can be counted on to deliver.
We commit to our customer. In all that we do, our customer is our priority. We are fanatical about serving both our internal and external customers.
We embrace change. We are unafraid of questioning assumptions and believe that growth and innovation flourish when challenging the status quo.
About the Position
KORE is seeking experienced Senior Data Engineer to work within our global Data Ingestion team for our Data Warehouse & Analytics platform. You will develop and maintain data pipelines using the AWS platform and technologies such as Airflow and Python to extract, load, and transform data into KORE’s ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be able to accommodate flexible working hours in a remote working environment, with the possibility to work in our office in London or Vroomshoop, to coordinate with team members across North American, EU, and India.
KORE’s products provide our customers fan segmentation and insights to enable them to market and engage their fan base – understanding their customers and building deeper relationships to drive a cohesive fan experience. Our master data management (MDM) platform provides golden record stewardship and allows our customer to build a consolidated view of a customer.
We are looking for someone who brings experience and passion working with the flow of data and infrastructure. This full-time position will allow you to design, develop and deliver best-of-breed software for the Sports, Media, and Entertainment industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a cross-functional product team to deliver a high-quality SaaS based data platform
- Create complex technical requirements and solutions, include data/system flow documentation, design documents, test plans, and other product artifacts
- Design, build and implement ELTs and data processing pipelines to feed customer platforms and business intelligence systems/applications
- Provide suggestions for improving the overall data architecture and design
- Interface with both Product Management, technical, and non-technical team members to deliver our vision and roadmap
- Contribute to our DevOps culture and participate in ownership of our designs through production options
- Support the maintenance and operations of the data platform and related pipelines
- Ability to work within a remote global team and to coordinate with team members across North America, EU, and India.
- 4+ years in a data engineering context creating production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data environment
- 2+ years AWS experience architecting and administrating cloud services (working with a wide variety of AWS services including S3, ECS, EMR, EKS, Redshift, DynamoDB – ideally AWS certified)
- 2+ years proven experience with Airflow and Python
- Strong experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Experience developing against APIs and building scalable high systems
- Understanding of big data concepts and related technologies such as Data Modeling, Data Analysis, ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing, etc.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery systems and Lean-Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills and the ability to document SDKs and libraries and articulate technical information efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Data Sciences (computer science or equivalent experience)
- Experience with SaaS multi-tenant architecture
- Working in a container-based environment
- Experience with streaming APIs and streaming data solutions (AWS Kinesis)
- Development experience in other languages such as C#, .NET Core, Scala, etc.
- Development experience within AWS and Azure
If you believe you have the technical know-how and drive to join our exciting team, please submit your resume to the email address shown with a cover letter highlighting your skills, experience, and the benefits you can bring to our team.
KORE Software is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. KORE considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.