Job opening: Mid/Senior Data Engineer
Sports Alliance is World’s leading supporter marketing company, based on helping clients cultivate passionate fan relationships at every level of every sport. Our clients demand a structured approach to CRM and Marketing success blending data management, strategy and software. We have over a 150 separate clubs across Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Cricket in UK, Netherlands, Belgium and Spain, and recently announced a partnership with SSB in the USA. See www.sportsalliance.com for more information.
We are a ‘small’ company of ~40 staff, of whom ~50% are technology. Our clients and the fan relationships they represent are a lifetime work. We are planning for post-Covid growth.
We are seeking mid and senior data engineers to join our talented and growing team who displays excellent problem-solving, communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
You will have a strong mathematical, technical or computer science background, with between 5-10yrs experience in industry and be seeking a new and challenging position in data engineering design, data manipulation and integration. You love to learn and work with new software, products and technologies, have an affinity with data and software and are comfortable handling, analyzing and manipulating large amounts of data.
- SQL including principles of relational database design, stored procedures, triggers, and functions, and query optimisation and plans in MS SQL Server
- Working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL
- Microsoft Visual Studio for back-end .net and C#
- SDLC using Github, JIRA (or equivalents)
- Microsoft Azure cloud services design, usage and monitoring
- Project experience working in conjunction with broader technology team including software engineers, dev ops and cloud engineers, as well as Data Science
- Experience in key Azure data processing services; including Azure Databricks, Data Lake and Data Factory
- Other Microsoft tools & tech including Powershell, Asp.net WebAPI,
- Event or streaming data processing.
Salary: Depending on experience
Location: London (United Kingdom), Vroomshoop area (Netherlands / remote working included) or remote working.
Contract: Full Time, starting ASAP